Image Map

6.23.2014

a few of henry's favorite books.

I've been meaning to write my own little favorite books post, mostly to remind myself of his favorite books during the first half of being 2. A few are books we own, but he's got a love of the library like no other and clings to those books as well. Luckily, he still forgets about most of the books we get so I can return them with no harm, but his most recent favorite will be the test to see how he does once we take it back. But I'm getting ahead of myself.


1. Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site by Sherri Duskey Rinker : We are very much into construction vehicles and trucks of all kinds around here and this is one of our favorite bedtime reads. Even big, heavy, awesome construction trucks have to sleep, so Hank's gotta go down, too.

2. The Napping House by Audrey Wood : We love love love just about everything the Woods write, including this gem. Whenever both boys are sleeping I always think of this book.

3. All things Curious George by H.A. Rey : We just love this curious little monkey. He reminds me a lot of a certain two year old boy around these parts.

4. Oh the Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss : I already wrote a little ode to my current favorite children's book (well, tied with I'll Love you Forever and The Giving Tree...), but I just love this book and love that Henry loves it as well. It was his first big kid book that he wanted us to read over and over, so it's got an extra special place in my heart.

5. Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin : Dragons love tacos, but not spicy salsa. We love the writing and the illustrations and Henry's already memorized the first three pages, it's adorable. This is one from the library that we may have a breakdown over when we have to give it back...

6. Tap Tap, Boom Boom by Elizabeth Bluemle : It starts to rain in NYC and the author rushes for cover under the subway and talks about everything she sees, from umbrellas coming out of nowhere to people being kind to one another as they wait for the storm to pass. Henry loves to say "tap tap, boom boom" and it's written a bit differently than the standard simple rhyme, which I like. We're slowly finding out all the best NYC books for kiddos and this is one of our favorites so far.

Thanks to Pinterest we've got loads and loads of books on our "to check out" list, but these are the chosen few that are the current favorites. When I wrote the list a month or so ago there were a few different books, like our Family Picture book, There's a Wocket in my Pocket, Sheep in a Jeep, and Little Blue Truck (and Little Blue Truck Leads the Way), but he's put them aside for now. He's so into "real" books and not so much board books, so we're on our way to having both a great board book and regular children's book collection. It's a good thing we've got a fabulous library, or I'd be so tempted to just buy a new book every week. There just so many amazing books with great stories, funny rhymes, and fantastic illustrations out there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a note.