Image Map

12.13.2012

christmas shopping with the parents.

 {scenes from my parent's home ward's christmas party}

It's been so fun to be near my parents as the Christmas season approaches. I haven't been at my parent's home in the weeks before Christmas since high school, so it's so fun to go tree shopping with them, and buy and wrap presents with them to put under the tree. And Henry usually only ventures over to the tree a few times a day, and I can usually catch him before he starts tugging at the tree (go me!).



Last weekend I got to go shopping with my dad for my mom and I must say, I'm a little upset that I can't be here when my mom opens her presents. I feel like I have so much invested in them (as I morally supported my dad in buying them :)!

I'm also excited about the present I collaborated with all my siblings on, especially Kaylea, for my parents. It's under wraps for now, but I can't wait to talk about it, and make it a tradition for years to come.


Which brings me to traditions. I should write the traditions we have down. Because sometimes I think it's a tradition in our house to not have traditions, to mix it up. Which is actually pretty fun and cool in it's own right. It's pretty fun to know that with Henry's first Christmas, we can really start traditions fresh and anew. And, if all else fails, we have a few years to adjust/create new ones where he'll actually remember them :)

Which brings me to shopping for Henry for Christmas and his first birthday: I love that I can go shopping with him and don't have to hide any presents. They'll all be a surprise for him. Totally rocks.


Merry almost-Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a note.