Image Map

5.02.2010

A night out.

This weekend was our first official weekend in the capitol. On Friday night Ryan and I hit the town with our favorite married couple in DC, Dave and Amanda (keep it on the dl, k?). We went to Georgetown Cupcake first, and I graciously dropped the box of cupcakes as I was getting them out of the bag I decided that they should put the bag in, even though we were just going to eat them two seconds later.

Got that?

Either way, the cupcakes were smushed and now my dreams of photographing a beautiful Georgetown Cupcake cupcake were...smushed. Or it just means that we'll have to go back. Which I'm totally down for.


They were great and the seasonal cupcake was called "Cherry Blossom" I think (Amanda, you can correct me on this one) and it was the best, hands down. It was Amanda's pick and man, she picked a good one. We also got my friend Camie's fav: Chocolate Lava. MMMM. Thanks to Abby for giving me the low-down on what to get and some inside knowledge about the cupcakes. She's my personal DC go-to girl seeing as she's already lived here before, and I love it. So knowledgeable.

After cupcakes we took the metro to the Mall and Ryan was like a kid in a candy store. He was so adorable and cute since he's never been in DC before, it made me so excited.

We went to the Washington Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, and t
he Korean War and WWII Memorials as well. It started to get a little dark and it was after-hours so we couldn't go on any tours, so we'll definitely be back.

By the end of the night all four pairs of our feet were exhausted, but it was fun to go exploring and be surrounded by tourist and act like tourists, but also pretend like locals because

hellooo: we live here.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds fun and exciting, but don't forget people, you need to wear hats when you're out of doors so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hellooooo....it's awesome.

    can't wait to go back. seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you two are so cute. Glad you are getting out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout-out! I'm craving a Georgetown Cupcake RIGHT NOW! I'm so jealous! I can't wait until I can introduce Jeff to the amazingness of those cupcakes! I love seeing all the cool things you two are doing! Eat a red velvet and cream cheese cupcake for me next time you go!

    ReplyDelete

leave a note.