Image Map

6.12.2009

the JOY of budgeting

Rant of the day: Being a grown-up can be not so fun

So Ryan and I made our budget yesterday. And factoring in some savings, we went a little over at first. Made some adjustments, and then broke even. It's frustrating because we've been pretty great with our money, and not spending hardly any of it, but we know we need to budget and really know where all of our money goes. Also, there are so many things that you pay only once in a while, but they're BIG purchases, like health insurance and textbooks. Thank goodness I only have to pay for textbooks two more times before I graduate!

Also, I love food blogs. So much. It's a downfall of mine. I could food-blog surf all day, unfortunately. Sometimes it's great. I find recipes that Ryan and I can afford or where have most of the ingredients.

Then I find recipes that look good with names like:

Double Mozzarella Turkey Burgers with an Artichoke Remoulade and Crispy Pancetta

What's up with that?

But really, it's kinda difficult trying to find a balance in all the recipes to find things that fit our budget, and that are fun and experimental as well. The other day we had mac and cheese with hot dogs. It was like I was a kid again and man, it was good. Even though I know what's in the hot dogs, I eat them nonetheless.

Maybe I'm just not that good of a food-planner. I tried to plan some meals with what we got at the grocery store today so we'll see how that goes. Hopefully there will be some great green chili chicken meals and chinese dishes coming soon.

I started a food blog recently. Well, I made the blog, but there are no recipes posted yet. I'll keep you informed to see if this new-found food blog hobby of mine will stick. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a note.