Image Map

9.29.2013

picking apples, going to the park, and busying myself and Henry in general. (oh and a baby update :)


This past weekend I got super sick with a bad cold (ahem, totally Henry's fault) BUT before that Henry and I ventured out and went apple-picking at Honey Pot Hill (quick review: tougas is still my favorite, but their warm apple cider doughnuts were super delish, I picked up some pre-picked honey crisp and it's the best deal around for apples even though they only had three apple varieties as opposed to tougas' five to seven varieties) and went to the park even when it was chilly. I've also been on a smoothie kick, even including some spinach in some of them (and totally made popsicles out of the extra. go me!).











Baby update: Last week, at my 37 week appointment, my doctor couldn't find the babe's head when she checked to see if I was dilated (sounds totally creepy, right?). Anyway, she did an ultrasound and the kid was totally sideways. So...I totally got freaked out when she mentioned that a c section is now on the table if the baby hasn't moved by the time labor starts or if the doctors can't move the baby before labor gets too far, but my emotions have moved from fears/tears/my-life-is-over-and-i'll-only-be-able-to-have-two-kids to plain frustration/pure hope. I read somewhere that 80% of babies who are breech/transverse before labor get into the right position by the time labor begins, so hopefully I'll be included in that 80% and not the 20%, but at the same time, I know that if a c section does happen, it won't be the end of the world, and that doesn't make me any less of a mom and everything will be a-ok.

The whole house ended up having a cold these last few days (and I think a lot of our friends/church members had the same one), but we're on the up and up and my mom comes in on Wednesday so fingers crossed the baby holds on until at least then!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy your mama is coming soon! Enjoy your time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds perfect for fall. I hope all goes well with the little babe...you are a rockstar mother. And ooh, new stroller?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that baby turns around! But you're right, everything will turn out just fine if baby doesn't turn :)

    ReplyDelete

leave a note.