Image Map

11.07.2012

best of: household items

taken from a drive around Forest Hills Cemetery.

With cooler weather (it snowed tonight. snowed!) comes a little more time inside. And a little more time inside, means sprucing inside up juuust a bit.

Really, this post if for my awesome friends/readers. What are the best cleaners, lotions, gadgets--stuff--around your house you just love? I've been thinking about changing up some products, finding some new scents, etc and wanted to know your opinion.

As of now, here are a few of my favorite things. Things that really make our house a home. What are yours?

1. Mrs. Meyers Countertop Spray. I have it in lemon and love it. The Orange Clove scent sounds amazing as well. And the Basil. Anyone tried any of their other scents?

2. Bulk paper towels and toilet paper. Well, this one's not anything to write home about, except that there's something amazingly awesome knowing that you have enough toilet paper and paper towels to last you a few months, instead of weeks. For the record, we're normally Kirkland people for the toilet paper and Target brand for paper towels. I buy super-bulk for toilet paper, but Ryan has this thing about having too much extra in the house, so I just buy a big-ish thing of paper towels to keep his mind at ease :)

3. Candles. My mom always made sure our house really smelled like a home with great smelling candles. My sister, Kaylea, has for sure kept the tradition alive in her own home and I try in ours as well. I'm especially grateful for the cooler weather, so I can bust out my cinnamon and fall-scented candles. The Capri Blue Volcano scent from Anthropologie is another must. I could burn that candle 24-7. Anyone have any other favorite candle companies or scents?

4. Chocolate Chips. Bulk from Costco. I believe you should always, always, be prepared to make dessert. I also buy butter in bulk from Costco. Not really household-y, but important, nonetheless.

5. Blankets. I have a thing for big, soft, warm blankets. Each time we've moved we've gotten rid of one or two, but the ones we have now are here to stay. We also somehow always live in places where we don't pay for heat, so it's never cold in our home unless a window or two is open, but hey, I'm all about preparedness, so the blankets are here to stay.

I'm in the market for some new cleaning supplies, new make-up basics, simple decor to spruce up our little abode--so don't forget to leave a comment and let me know what a favorite go-to item of your own is.

..thaaanks!

2 comments:

  1. I totally feel the same way about paper products. I think I might hoard them a tiny bit. :/ I was at a friends house recently and she had the pear/ginger Orla Keily cleaning spray from Target. Loved it. I almost wanted to make a mess, just so I could use it to clean it up. And it has cute packaging! What else could you ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try mrs meyers! I am just waiting until we run out but...I might just give it up and buy it anyway. hmm, I don't have a lot to say...as far as makeup, I love almays double sided stick eye shadow. super easy and you don't shadow + brush. :)

    ReplyDelete

leave a note.