Image Map

4.23.2012

on pizza.

{It's raining like crazy here lately. I've been trying to find more stovetop recipes in preparation for the spring/summer heat, but with the cooler temps, the oven is definitely coming on. Enter: pizza}

Let's talk pizza. We're a pizza kindof family. And, let the record show, we've never in our married lives bought a five dollar Little Caesar pizza. Don't get me wrong, there's a time and place and it's not saying that we've never eaten one, but I'm totally a make-your-own-pizza kinda girl.

We're huge fans of thin crust (I blame my Italian-loving husband), and although there are a bajillion dough recipes, I've used only one and it works fabulously and is seriously quick. If I come across another recipe I love, I'll add it later, but this one has worked fabulously for us for the last 3 years.

Pizza Dough
recipe found through a friend's sister--Thanks Erica!, she got it through a BYU culinary class
1 1/4 c. warm water
1 T. yeast
2 T. sugar
1/2 t. salt
3 c. flour (give or take)

1. Dissolve years in warm water.
2. Add sugar, salt, and 2 1/2 c. flour. Mix to form dough.
3. Add more flour to pull together. (These days I add about a cup more, it just depends on where you live.) Mix for 3 minutes
4. Cover. Let the dough rest for 10 min. in the bowl. (After this you can refrigerate or freeze until you want to use it or go on to step 5.)
5. Let it rest for another 10 min. after you've rolled it out.

And a pizza dough recipe wouldn't be complete without some pizza ideas, right? Here are a few we've done as of late:
1. Greek pizza (my current fave)
2. Veggie pizza (onions, olives, mushrooms, just whatever veggies you've got on hand)
3. BBQ Chicken pizza (Pioneer Woman's is great)

and a few ideas for future (hopefully) faves include:
4. Pesto and goat cheese pizza
5. Thai chicken pizza
6. Spinach and mushroom pizza
7. Pesto chicken pizza
8. BBQ pulled pork pizza


3 comments:

  1. Casey and I have a weekly pizza night, so I'm with you on being a pizza family. I'm excited to try some of these ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try your recipe. Pioneer woman's fig and mozzarella pizza looks really yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a woman after my own heart. I seriously make a pizza about once a week. Poor, poor Daniel ;)

    ReplyDelete

leave a note.