Image Map

4.01.2012

Loaded Zucchini Bread

For the first time in a really long time I made something using a recipe not from a blog. I've got cookbooks and recipes from friends, but for the last year I've been heavily relying on blogs instead. Last week I decided to make a conscious effort to make recipes from my stack in the hallway and this is one of them. It's also a great way to start your mornings on Conference weekend!

The recipe comes from Stephanie Andreason, and I've actually had it since my junior year of college. We both worked for the religious dept. at BYU and she wrote this recipe down for me. I hadn't made it until now, and like most tried and true recipes from friends, I'm kicking myself for not trying it sooner. She calls it health bread. It's pretty much zucchini bread, but just calling it zucchini bread would discount the banana and oats and cinnamon/nutmeg/clove amazingness, so loaded zucchini bread it is.

Loaded Zucchini Bread
adapted from my friend Stephanie (I linked to her Pintrest)

3/4 c. veg. oil
1 c. sugar

3 eggs
1-2 well-ripened bananas

2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
scant 1/2 t. cloves
3 c. flour
2 1/2 c. shredded zucchini
1 c. oats

Preheat oven to 325. Combine dry ingredients: flour, b. powder, b. soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and set aside. Combine wet ingredients: oil, sugar, eggs (one at a time), and banana until just combined. Add the dry ingredients a little at a time, then add the zucchini and oats. Pour into loaf pan and bake about an hour, or until toothpick comes out clean.

Then devour.



No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a note.