Image Map

4.03.2012

Granola

I can't believe I haven't made my own granola before. This recipe comes from a girl at work, Lisa, and I'm so glad I snatched a copy of her recipe. I love that it's more like sweet, roasted nuts and oats, and it's not super clumpy and sticky. The original recipe calls for 1/3 c. honey, but since I used sweetened shredded coconut I eye-balled it and probably used more like 1/4 c. Either way it's delicious and I can't wait to mix this recipe up and try more. My new favorite snack: plain yogurt with a sliced banana and sprinkled with this granola. SO GOOD.



Simple Granola
3 c. rolled oats
1/2 c. sunflower seeds
1/4 c. flaxseeds or sesame seeds
1/2 c. wheat germ
1/2 c. chopped nuts, whatever your preference
3/4 c. shredded unsweetened coconut (if using sweetened reduce honey to 1/4 c.)
1/2 t. vanilla
1/3 c. oil
1/3 c. honey

Combine all and placed on cookie sheet  sprayed with Pam. Bake at 300 for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes so it browns evenly. Bake until lightly toasted. Immediately remove from pan once done to prevent sticking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a note.