Image Map

4.13.2012

create.

I found this post, from Sydney of The Daybook, and fell in love. Thanks, Alyssa, for bringing it to my attention! Sydney received an email from a theology student asking "why are mormons so cool?" and goes on to talk about how the 13th Article of Faith helps us find the best things in our culture. She says it best when she says:

Because of our beliefs, we choose to abstain from participating in a few things {drinking, smoking, immodest forms of dress, swearing, etc} which does limit our participation in certain aspects of popular culturebut certainly doesn't hinder us from seeking out the very best that culture has to offer. It just makes it a little easier for all those lovely things we seek out in life to bubble right to the top.


She also follows her reply with a Mormon Messages video which you can watch below. I'm challenging myself to reflect throughout my day on how I am being creative, how I am helping increase the beauty of the world around me, and I challenge you to do the same. I'm off to IKEA today, which is sure to get those creative juices flowing. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a note.