Image Map

1.31.2012

I'm not getting my hopes up.

BUT.

Ryan found a paid internship this summer. In Columbus. Ryan keeps telling me not to get my hopes up, but I told him that I can't really do that right now. My hopes are up [huh?]. It's a long shot, especially since his connections are his in-laws. But I just told him to name-drop my dad (He's a big deal, just FYI. Even met with VP Biden earlier this month, nbd) and he'd have it in the bag.

Ok, not really, but it's exciting to think about it either way. The plan is to stay put this summer, so that's probably what will happen. And I promise not to mention this again until we have a more concrete plan ahead. But still. It's so hard to keep exciting "what ifs" to myself!

Also, when Ryan was applying to law schools this time last year we had no idea where we would be. But then we knew we'd be wherever that place was a solid three years. But with internships it kind of feels like last January/February all over again. We definitely live in constant motion around here.

EDIT: Just in case anyone was confused, Ryan found out about an internship opportunity available in Columbus that he'll be applying to, but he hasn't gotten it. Also, I am now not allowed to post anything about this summer until it's a done deal. That's what you get for marrying a boy who's in training to be a lawyer though--very explicit rules :) haha.

1 comment:

  1. yay yay yay! cousin time galore this summer!!! can you tell i don't care about the rules? it would be soooo much fun! party in c-bus what what!!

    ReplyDelete

leave a note.