Image Map

2.24.2011

the best salad ever

Ok, I admit, I'm a huge salad lover. And I love making huge salads as main dishes. And I know that there are a billion different kinds of salads and a lot of them can be quite amazing, but right now, this is my fave. I've made it at least 4 times in the past week, it's just that good.

Thanks to the just cook already blog, I found this spinach salad and I've been using spinach or romaine and switching the pecans for walnuts and chowin it down. SO GOOD. Also, she uses a poppyseed dressing, but the dressing Ryan made to go with our vday salad is what I've been using. There's something about homemade dressings that make salads even better.

Here's a picture of this salad that jana took with the recipe below. Seriously so good.


spinach/romaine
feta
craisins
chopped pecans/walnuts

Dressing thanks to Paula Deen (also, the salad that goes with the dressing is suuuuper good too):

  • 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 cloves crushed garlic
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper



**I convinced Ryan to buy 2lbs of feta at Costco for this salad, and we already had craisins and some walnuts, I guess I'll just have to have this salad again for lunch today and dinner for the next few weeks, darn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a note.