Image Map

12.14.2010

A simple vinaigrette

We went over to the Doxey's on Friday night and I brought a salad and made some homemade dressing. I actually got the recipe from Mel's Kitchen Cafe, and usually they're hits, but this one was not. Maybe I just added too much olive oil. No good.

Since we had leftover salad but no other salad dressings (seriously, I love homemade dressing, out with the bottled, I say) so I searched and searched the internet (actually, I just looked up two recipes and since the first included an ingredient I didn't have, I went for the next best thing, the next recipe listed) and found a vinaigrette from Ina Garten and the Food Network.

This recipe may be mostly for my own records, but if you're looking for a solid vinaigrette, I suggest this. Also, the only thing I changed was adding a few more drops of evoo.


Vinaigrette for Green Salad
1 t. Dijon mustard
1t. minced garlic
3 T. vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)
salt and pepper
1/2 c. evoo

In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, garlic, vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. While whisking, slowly add the olive oil until the vinaigrette is emulsified.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a note.