Image Map

11.23.2010

Peanut Butter and Jelly Muddy Buddy Mix

As I transfer my recipes from one blog to the next  I had to add this one. It really is the perfect party mix and it's sweet and super dessert-y too. I was actually in the mood for muddy buddies this week and Chex were on sale, but alas, when I got to the store all the Muddy Buddy Chex cereal was gone so I got wheat Chex, not really the dessert-y kind. Either way, this will totally be made again and again.


I found this on Picky Palate a few weeks ago and made it for our Game Night that weekend (yay DC adventures!). Geez it was good. It makes a ton, so it was good to have the whole group over and eat it instead of just Ryan and I.  Also, everyone raved about it. So it's not just me who loved it.

Here's the recipe:

PB&J Muddy Buddies
from Picky Palate


White Chocolate PB&J Muddy Mix
9 Cups Honey Nut Chex (I used Crispix since it was cheaper...)
3/4 Cup chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips (I used white chocolate too, but I can't wait to try this with milk chocolate too. I think the white chocolate is more mild though so it allows the PB&J part of this to stick out more)
1/2 Cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 Cup strawberry jam (I used raspberry and it was great, so I'm sure any jam would be pretty great)
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Cups powdered sugar
1.  Place chex cereal in a large mixing bowl.  Place chocolate, peanut butter, jam and butter into a microwavable safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute or until melted.  Stir then pour into bowl of cereal.  Mix well then divide mixture into 2 large ziplock bags.  Pour in 1 Cup powdered sugar into each ziplock.  Close bags and shake until cereal is coated.  Pour into a large bowl and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a note.