Image Map

11.09.2010

AMAZING Enchiladas and Cheesecake Bars

I highly, highly, highly recommend what I made for dinner on Sunday, and I hope everyone gets to make both of these in the very near future.

First up, Honey-lime chicken enchiladas. Let me tell you, these were great, and Ryan and Josh can testify (judging by their multiple servings). They're a tried and true recipe for the Sister's Cafe and I'm all for making these again and again. I made them using chicken, but she also recommends using a pork roast, so I'm excited to try that as well!! One suggestion I have for this was using a little more chicken. I think I used about 2 lbs instead of 1.5, but it definitely makes a ton and I'm super excited to eat the leftovers throughout the week.

Update (4/2011): I just made the enchiladas again, and they're just as fabulous as before. This time I didn't use as much chicken, since we had just about a pound available, and they didn't make as many but were still super-duper fabulous. Really, you're totally missing out if you haven't made these yet.

Next up, we have these amazing fall cheesecake bars. I'm quickly falling in love with anything using Granny Smith Apples and caramel, and these Carmel Apple Cheesecake Bars with Streusel Topping totally hit the spot. SO GOOD!! I love both of these blogs and definitely wasn't dissapointed with either. I only have one suggestion with this one as well and it's that it took almost 40 minutes in the oven instead of the 30 minutes recommended. Now, it could just be our old oven and inaccurate temperature, but watch out for it. Also, I'm a total novice when it comes to cheesecake, so maybe it's just my lack of experience. Also, you only need a little bit since it's so rich, so it's a great potluck-y (I totally just made it a word, don't judge) kind of dish!

No pictures, but the pictures on both their sites are great and I'm so excited to to make them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a note.