Image Map

5.24.2009

Weekend in Phoenix

I do like AZ. The weather has been beautiful and sunny (except for Friday, the day we swam, but that's irrelevant) and even though I know for a fact that I got a slight sunburn just from running errands for a couple of hours, I've really had some fun.

On Friday we got in, went to a Rotary function and Ryan got an awesome award from his grandfather's service in the Rotary club. My parents came and we all got sweet name tags, very official-looking too, that said we were guests of Ken Mangum. Classy.

After that we all went back to the hotel and made some last-minute wedding reception phone calls. There were table cloths that needed to be ordered and the DJ needed a final call too.

Then it was time to head over to the Dille's to hang out with the kids and for my parent's to meet Ken's (JK's to my sisters...) sister and two daughters. We also had Cafe Rio salads made from scratch, and they were A MA ZING. We also swam, and the weather wasn't that great, but we played some games and moved around so we weren't as cold. Man, I just love the summertime and playing random games in the pool. I even taught Hayden, Jackson, and Mara a new game, so it was pretty fun. You're not supposed to want to be it, but they all did anyway, which makes for some fun times. Categories. Who knew it could be fun after elementary school?!

Saturday ended up great, but it was a super-long day. Word to the wise: plan everything out so you don't have to plan ANYTHING the day of the wedding/reception. I got a little sun-burnt/overheated from running around in the morning, then spent the afternoon tying knots from gift-boxes (they ended up being a great addition to the reception), and attempting to wrap the bouquet for me to hold. I do love flowers, but I don't know if I'm the best person to be in charge of that.

Overall the reception went great and quite a few people came. I took my heels off after about an hour--I lasted for that long, I was pretty proud of myself! We also had a "first dance"and a "daddy-daughter dance" too. I about cried when the guy played "When you say nothing at all".

So all in all, the weekend was great! Pictures to come! Today I got sick (I blame the reception food; Ken was sick too and I think Ryan's cousins...uh oh) so today wasn't as great, but we opened up all the cards and presents--LIKE CHRISTMAS!

peace and love, em.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a note.