Image Map

11.04.2010

Amazing Chicken Marinades

*I'm going to try to mix more recipes in on here and combine our two blogs, so bear with me as we mix things up a bit*

We were on a George Foreman Grill kick a few weeks ago and had two fabulous marinades with our chicken. The first is from my rad pretend bff Melanie and her super rad group of sisters, and the second is from Ry's amazing cousin, Jen.

Melanie's recipe was great, and not too powerful of one specific flavor. Her sisters have made the chicken plain and put it on pizzas and salads, so it's pretty versatile. I'm excited to use it on smaller peices of chicken to have the marinade really soak up the chicken. If you don't want to hop over to their site quite yet, the recipe and my picture are below. It's not the best quality, but trust me, we ate this meal on a weeknight, but it's totally fancy enough to eat for Sunday dinner.



Mel's Lemon Chicken Marinade

Juice of one lemon (~3 Tb lemon juice)
3 Tb oil
1 tsp minced garlic (~ 2 medium-large cloves)
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
½ tsp oregano
1 lb chicken breasts

Mix ingredients and marinate chicken overnight. Tip: If using this for a pizza or salad, dice the raw chicken and marinate it that way. If it's diced it has more surface area to marinate and then you can get away with only marinating it for 8 or so hours. You can grill this indoors or outdoors, or you may use a skillet (We used an indoor grill).


Ryan liked this next marinade better and I think it's definitely got more of a kick to it, so I think it can hold it's ground a little better on its own than the first one, but that doesn't mean we'll make it any more than the other ones, just that they can be used for different kinds of recipes, depending on the strength of marinade you're looking for. It also uses a few more ingredients, so it just depends on what you have on hand.  I'd definitely try them both out and see what you like! 


Sadly, I don't have a picture, but I'm sure we'll be making this again, and I'll try to get a picture then. Just don't be mad when the quality's not great since the natural light has long since gone to bed (it's getting darker so much earlier!!).


Brown Sugar Citrus Marinade


1/4 c dijon mustard
1/4 c packed brown sugar
1/4 c vinegar (I used white vinegar, but I'm excited to try it out with different kinds of vinegar)
1/2 c olive oil
3 cloves garlic (I used jarred since it was more convenient this time, but fresh or jarred will work)
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp salt
2 Tbl lemon juice (I used the juice you can buy in the produce section of the store, but I'd get fresh lemons and limes when they're in season)
2 Tbl lime juice


Mix all marinade ingredients together and pour over chicken breasts in a Ziploc bag. Marinade overnight for best results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a note.