Image Map

3.17.2012

a typical day

Want to know what I was up to today? Here's the low-down.

I got up a bajillion times during the night. It's a good thing this kid is cute and I want him to thrive. Breastfeeding sure is a trip, but the cuddling time is something I do love. I always want to take pictures of his face while he's nursing. But that's not exactly appropriate, so I just take mental pictures instead.

Ryan got up around 8:30 and left to clean the church. The morning is a bit of a blur (as is the last three weeks of my life) but all I know is that when Ryan got home around 11 I had just finished another feeding and was so ridiculously tired that I handed over Henry and passed out for two hours while they had some boy time.

I got up around 1, chatted with Ryan about his day, and finally took a shower sometime between two and three. That's my "start of the day" activity. Ryan had to leave around 3ish to go to a stake priesthood leadership meeting and then to stake conference so I turned on Les Miserables to watch for the rest of the evening (off and on, of course), gave Henry a bath, and made dinner (which took at least double the time it takes without an infant).  Oh, and I even swept the kitchen and bathroom when I put Henry down after his last feeding.


And I feel like today was an especially productive day. 

Although I didn't leave the house. 

But that's on the to-do list for tomorrow.


It's almost 8:30 and I think I'm exhausted. I'm going to take a nap until Ryan gets home/Henry wakes up. Whichever comes first.


No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a note.